Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What's your story?


Is this really April?  The snow is swirling around my house and we watched White Christmas one more time before we have to say goodbye to winter for reals.  I actually don't mind the snow, and I felt like winter had gone by too fast when we started heated up a few weeks ago so this is pretty cool.  Coffee, swirling snow, a podcast, fresh cinnamon rolls coming out of the oven.  Good times people.

So last night was our second time meeting to get into the meat of Galatians and I am having such a crazy awesome convicting encouraging time!  It has really been so so great for me.  Last night we went over Galatians 1:11-24.  The background here is that there were dorks who had come in trying to say that yes Jesus is fine to start with, but now you have to work to keep yourself saved.  These dudes were trying to gain favor with the people by discrediting Paul's apostleship and by discrediting the gospel Paul preached.  The second half of chapter one is Paul defending his call to apostleship.  He basically gives a quick version of his testimony, his life before and after, the transformation, in order to show that the mean guys were wrong.
 And as I was praying with a friend over it, I felt like Jesus wanted us to spend the evening reflecting on and sharing each of our stories with each other, our testimonies, our call from Jesus.  I was so blessed by the sweet time last night!  There was openness and vulnerability and love and it was just so faith building.  So, share with me your story, your call.  I really do want to hear it!  Sometimes I dream about asking everyone I know to type out their testimony and email it to me so I can print it and keep it in a book forever to read and reread because it is just so encouraging to know the power of God and how it has worked in peoples lives. Or you could reflect on it right where you're at.  In the midst of our busyness we can totally forget how crazy awesome it is that we were once part of the kingdom of darkness but now we have been called out by His glorious light!  At least for me its easy to forget.  It was so awesome to REMEMBER what great and awesome things Jesus has done for me and hear what great and awesome things Jesus has done in the lives of my friends.  I felt like our friendships were built up and our faith was built up.  SO, all of that to say....please chill for a second and reflect on His transformative work, His saving power, His saving and call on your life.  It's beautiful.  And then share it with someone.  Post a comment if you want to (I heart comments :)) or please share it with someone.  Go to coffee if you have time for something like that.  Message somebody at least, please!  It was such a neat and sweet experience I just want all of you to go and experience it too!  Sorry, I think I am being bossy today :)  I was just so blessed, ya know? :)

As far as an update on us, we are having a blast.  Okay we are actually kind of getting our faces ripped off, but it's been WAY GOOD.  Last week, the Lord really revealed His heart to us in the book of Joshua, when they had crossed over the Jordan and the people of the land were like dude these guys are gnarly, run!  It was there, before Jericho, before they ever stepped into battle that the Lord said stop.  Stop the momentum.  Stop and be circumcised.  Kinda a gross thought in our culture, but it was a way that they had not been obedient and the Lord needed that dealt with.  I feel like we as a tiny church are experiencing that right now.  As a body of believers, I feel like we are standing on the edge of something absolutely mind blowing, but He has said to us stop, let me cut away your junk before you go in.  Cause He loves us too much to let us walk into this battle unprepared.  He loves us too much to let us walk around carrying our junk with us. (not stop church, but I think you get what I mean...like wait on the Holy Spirit for any forward momentum.)  So, if you're praying for us, for the Road, then please pray for that.  That we would be totally submitted to Jesus and let Him work out of us the junk that we have.  Cause we do have junk ( am I the only one?) and we DO want it gone :)  Thanks guys you so ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment