Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Come hang out with me while we dig into Galatians!

Okay so when I began this blog, I promised some craftiness, sewing, baking and such.  Sorry about that.  I really just have not had the time or energy to put into that area of my life lately.  I even (gasp) bought cookies for the church Easter BBQ!  It's way funny because I totally would have died in my prideful little heart a year ago admitting that.  Cookies and sewing are on hold currently.  Homeschooling two grades takes up more time than you think.  And being sick does too.  Boo on being sick!  Silly body.  Anyway, so I have been pouring my two mites into the kids and my house and my hubs and loving these sweet people we have come to know because of this adventure.  It's been a neat transition for me to be able to let my house be less than perfect because my 6 year old needs help designing a Lego police station or because my heart is burdened to pray for someone.  Totally not boasting here, I am just saying its been crazy to really lay hold of the unseen beauty of a moment.  What matters more? My house being perfect?( Well bummer, cause even when I try it isn't what I want it to be.)  Or is it the unseen memories made with my kids or spent caring for someones soul?  I am blown away by all of the time I have wasted...

So, this will be another post without any thread or icing bags.  But it comes with an invitation (does that make it better?)

Tonight, some ladies and I will begin to dig into the book of Galatians.

What does it mean to be free?  What are we freed from?  What are we freed TO?  What exactly is the biblical definition of legalism?  What does it look like compared to discipline?  Are WE, in our hearts, clinging to Christ's work on the cross or deserting it in favor of a works based performance based religion?  If I want to avoid legalism, does that mean I don't have to do anything the Bible says?

I want to dive into what the Bible has to say on these subjects.  I believe that these concepts are being misunderstood all over the place.  Dude, I KNOW I have been struggling to understand it.  But I also believe that Jesus has given us His word AND HIS HOLY SPIRIT to help us to understand it all.  So we are going to dig in.  Tuesday nights will be discussion based, Holy Spirit dependent times to try to seek God's heart on all of this.

Want to join us?

There are so many wonderful ladies that I can think of who I know can't come because of distance or because of circumstances, but I was really hoping we could have a cyberspace fellowship, if that even makes any sense at all.  Here's what I am thinking: I will post my notes from the week and keep it short and then you guys hook me up in the comment area with your thoughts.  Try to keep it encouraging and edifying, and don't lets make a big deal about my grammar okay ha! but seriously I feel like it would be so absolutely awesome if we could learn from each other and really "get" what Jesus is wanting to speak to our culture, in Denver, Texas, California, Wisconsin, wherever!

Anybody in?  Leave me a comment in the comment section here on the blog not on facebook if you can.  It's easier for me to see and respond to.  Plus then we can all catch up on each other that way :)  I think theres a way to sign up to follow a blog (Im so technology impaired) but I will also share each post on facebook too.  I am getting kind of excited here!  Extra time with Jesus and other awesome ladies that I can go to even if I have a sinus infection and two ear infections!?!  Woop Woop!

p.s. we just celebrated our TEN YEAR anniversary last friday.  Crazy to me that it has been an entire decade!!!!!!!!!!





Here's a pic from our trip up to Boulder for the day to celebrate...


Happy Tuesday everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in...and look forward to reading your notes on Galatians!
    (I love seeing your notes from the OYB on Facebook!)
    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! How fun!
      Here's the link to the first one:
      http://sheshallbelikeatree.blogspot.com/2013/04/what-exactly-is-gospel.html?m=1

      Delete
  2. can i join? i know i dont know you but we are sisters in Christ! i want to learn as much as i can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes of COURSE! :) I'm so glad to have you along on this!

    ReplyDelete