Thursday, March 28, 2013

Feeling weary anyone?


So it's been a little while since my last post...to be real with you, I just haven't had anything I felt excited about writing. I've been in a bit of a spiritual slump I guess. Things have been busy. Christian is working A LOT (and I've had grocery money because of it so I ain't complainin'). The kids are on their 121st day of school (enter monotonous tone here). We have a lot of time that we spend doing stuff with the body here (all good stuff just busy).  Things have been moving a mile a second and yet it feels like I'm standing still ya know. Anyone out there feelin' what I'm saying?  And then at a prayer meeting I was praying (duh...that was kinda obvious huh haha) and I asked Jesus to help us not to grow weary in well doing like Galatians 6:9 says. I think it's been the general feeling right now around here in Denver as a whole. A discouragement that has no real basis, a vague feeling of discontentment that when battled through has no real place. A weariness. Any one out there ever feel WEARY? Not like the good kind of I got all my list done for the day kind of tired but the man is tomorrow gonna be the same as today was weary? ANYONE? Please hook a sister up with some encouragement and tell me I'm not the only one!

Well so as I'm praying help us not to grow weary, Jesus just totally rocked me with this crazy thought: Why in the world would I be weary?????????  What is so wearisome about Jesus who died on the cross and rose again conquering and utterly SQUISHING sin, death, and the devil? What is wearisome about a Jesus who doesn't leave it there? What is wearisome about the fact that my Jesus didn't provide atonement for sin and then hand me a list of requirements for a fun life? But instead Jesus saved me from my sins and keeps saving me from my nasty sinful self every single stinking day! Cause I need it every single stinking day!  He didn't leave me to figure out how to be holy....He has provided my holiness through His blood!  What in the world is wearisome about that!?!?!  I was at a prayer and worship night at a friends house (aka battle field) and I was just weighed down and was NOT feelin the joy. I sat in a corner worshipping Jesus but feeling yuck. And I could just feel that my lack of joy, my sitting off to the side (and pouting, lets be honest here) was like actually pleasing to the enemy. He can't drag me to hell anymore cause Jesus kicked his booty but he loves to see me weak and weary. So I stood up walked over to the middle of the group of people worshipping and told Jesus I CHOOSE JOY. Not like hey I'm gonna conjure up some bubbly cheesy happiness but I choose the joy you bought for me. I'm going to put it on like cute new dress my daddy bought me last summer. Cause it's like that dress. I look good with it on (ha!) and it makes my heart happy. And GUESS WHAT!?! JESUS' WORD IS TRUE! (Big fat duh moment right, but sometimes I forget that it's true)  he really did trade me out! He gave me the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. The oil of joy for mourning (my heart has been grieving over a kinda sad family thing). He lifted the weariness! Not because I earned it by standing up and pressing in. But because His word said so. Ill figure out the details on the other side of heaven. For now the truth is enough to rock me even without the explanation. 

So for those of you who have ever felt they were growing weary in the midst of the daily stuff. Another day...another load of laundry...another three meals made...another day of cleaning my blessing of a house...another day of wiping kids noses and cleaning scrapes and kissing bruised arms and hearts...another day praying for my family, for my nation, for north metro Denver...for whatever the daily stuff brings you...
DON'T GROW WEARY IN WELL DOING, for in due season you shall reap a reward if you do not lose heart...
But also because DUDE! Our God is exciting! And His grace and mercy is for every single day. It's new every day. It's applicable every day! I just want so badly to live in the reality of that truth cause I think that would draw more people to Jesus than anything else I try to do. Pray for me for that okay!? Pray that I would live in the reality that my God is never wearisome to talk about, live alongside, follow, and love. HE IS SO EXCITING and I don't want the every day stuff to rob me of that excitement! I want the every day stuff to be a chance to spread the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment