Monday, March 11, 2013

Is it a small thing?

Today was just one of those awesome days.  Thank you to all of you awesome sweet prayer warriors that lift up our family.  You guys are the bomb dot com!

So it started this morning as I read my Bible....there was so much GOOD STUFF in there today!  I was all tripping out about the veil today.  The veil was ripped from top to bottom...only Jesus could rock that!!!  Oh man, I can't even tell you how excited I am to celebrate Easter this year!  Woop woop!

But as I went through the day, Numbers 16:9 kept coming to mind.  Now I will warn you that I am not an expert on the book of Numbers, but here is how it struck me today.  See there were some of the sons of Levi who had jobs in the tabernacle but they were getting all squirrely with Moses and Aaron and complaining and basically saying hey you're not the only ones that are holy....let us do that stuff too.  Dude, Moses was all super grieving and God worked out the details but what struck me today was verse 9
...."Is it a small thing to you that the God of Israel has separated you from the congregation of Israel, to bring you near to Himself, to do the work of the tabernacle of the Lord, to stand before the congregation to serve them..."
Basically they weren't content to keep doing what they saw as small work and they were wishing they could be doing something that seemed to matter, that people would notice.  Aren't we all like that???? Okay, maybe it's just me, but there are times that what I am doing seems so insignificant.  Especially things like laundry and meal preparation and bathroom cleaning and dusting and Lego building and American girl hair styling....things that most people don't notice (unless it isn't done and they have no underwear) things that no one pats you on the back for.  The things that seem monotonous. And honestly some days I just wish I could be doing something that seems to matter.  But the Lord so spoke to my heart here in this...
"Is it a small thing to you..." that I have given you a husband to care for and wash his clothes and make his home welcoming?
"Is it a small thing to you..." that I have given you two sweet kiddos that love it when you skip count to the tune of "Hey Macarena!" (and even do the moves)?
"Is it a small thing to you..." that I have given you a home to open up and invite your neighbors into?  And so so much more.  God was really rocking my heart here.  Nothing that God has given me to do today is a small thing.  This crazy changed my day.  Dude, all day today, the menial tasks have come alive.



We giggled through Phonics.  GIGGLED!!!!  Who giggles during PHONICS!?!  My son, who has struggled with having a desire to read, had FUN reading blend practice cards!  Dude that's some grace from Jesus for my day!  Rolling out tortillas, cleaning the juicer, running to the Post Office, each thing I did today seemed to have a sparkle of Jesus!  Nothing seemed like a small thing and I could just feel His presence with me as I went through my day.  Christian's schedule is a little hectic these next two weeks, but God is making it so sweet.  No one is there to notice that I made my bed today, but Jesus noticed.  And He is happy that I am doing what He has put before me.  It may not seem big to anyone else (not even ME) but nothing is small to Jesus and I am just so thankful that He is cool like that!

Tonight we are eating soup while we play Angry Birds and I am just totally enjoying that He sees the things that I may see as small...but really they are the BIG things after all.


P.S. Don't you love her Angry Birds game face!?  She does that when she's really concentrating...Gosh these little people are so much FUN!



1 comment: