Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hope will Bud Forth


The Lord gave me this verse out of Job this morning. Cause really my problem isn't so much how absolutely awful I still feel (which is why I've been pretty silent these last few weeks) but really everything just seems to keep piling on top of each other and somewhere in the last few weeks I think I've lost HOPE. 

Cause this is more than just physical trials. 

There have been so many emotional ones the last year I cannot even begin to describe. And I'm just all out.  Out of Hope that I will ever feel normal again. That I'll ever be a fun mom again. A good wife. Hope that I'll ever be more than everyone's burden. And I know I have heaven and that makes everything in this life worth it...intellectually. 

But I've been feeling such a lack of HOPE. 

And I feel like He gave me the beginning of it. Even if I'm dry and feel so lost in all of this, JUST THE SCENT OF WATER can bring fresh growth.

 I just need more of that Living Water. More Holy Spirit. 

He will grow the hope that I have lost. 

Because I cannot seem to grow it myself. But I can smell Him. He is close. And loving and kind and generous. I know He will do something good. Even if it feels like trial upon trial. He never leaves. He never forsakes. I can count on that. His word will uphold me while I wait for the beautiful growth that only He can bring. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you Jo! Praying for you right now. I'll continue to pray. I pray that God restores your hope and that he heals you. You are amazing and you are strong. Hang in there. Lifting you up my sweet, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete