Tuesday, February 19, 2013

God is in Control...Good thing too, 'cause if it were up to me we'd be doomed!

Just a quick post to say Jesus rocks the house and He is so in control.  I love love love that about Him!


Life has been a bit squirrely this week.  I pretty much resemble the woman in that picture except I'm in way comfier clothes.  I have had an acute case of Cabin Fever....it can be a serious condition...just ask Christian HA!

 Last Wednesday, Seth came down with the stomach flu.  It hit him hard.  By Sunday, he had some hydration issues but yesterday he started feeling quite a bit better.  Just in time for Abigail to get rocked with this bug.  It IS a doozy.

The last couple of weeks have been a little weird for Christian in his commission only job, and we were honestly getting a bit nervous about bills.

BUT GOD IS IN CONTROL!  A sweet friend and her daughter prayed for our finances specifically and you know what???  Jesus has provided!  Not in the ways we thought but definitely all Psalm 37 style...
"I have been young and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread."

Jesus is in control of our finances!

And Seth and Abigail have been crazy sick and I'm way bored and antsy and the walls have seemed at times to be closing in....but I just have to testify that Jesus is even in control of that.  Dealing with all the grossness of the flu...clogged toilets..being sick myself...cleaning bathrooms so they are ready to be puked in...vacuuming and laundry and dishes....Jesus has been chillin' with me and I have experienced so much of His joy!  I have literally been laughing all day at things that last week made me cry.  The last two days I have felt the temptation to start to feel sorry for myself.  I have forgotten what the sky looks like I think. ha! Just kidding.  Mostly.  But Jesus has just been too near to me to let me go down that silly destructive path.  He is just surrounding us and holding us up and being so so good to us!

So this week I am reminded that I am not in control.  But it's okay because my sweet King Jesus is!  I don't have to know where I am going or what will happen!   Like really, I don't.  Reminds me of a time when Abigail taught me a lesson (if you have a second, its a quick post from a few years ago).  But anyway, if Jesus said go here, do this, then go! Do it!  He is too sweet to let you down.  He is too faithful to forget you.  He is in control and able and capable.  Just cuddle close to Him and watch Him rock your socks!

1 comment:

  1. Poor family! Glad your all on the mend:). I had to laugh though when you said clean a bathroom to be puked in again......it's so true! Josh was feeling pretty bad last week and I was like, " I better clean the toilette before he has to have his face in it. ".

    ReplyDelete